Creamy Butter Crab Recipe
FatCrab's Chilli Crab Recipe
- 2 pcs mud crabs (around 1.2 kg)
- 250g Butter
- 5-6 stalks of curry leaves
- 3 chilli padi (bird’s eye chilli) – chopped
** you can put more chilli if you prefer a spicier version**
- 1.5 cup of evaporated milk
- 6 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 3 cheese slices
- Cooking oil
1. Clean the crab & cut into 7 pieces. Place the crab pieces in a strainer & let it dry. If you are in a hurry, you can use paper towel to pat it dry too.
2. Sprinkle some cornflour over the crab pieces & make sure it’s evenly coated.
3. Pour oil into the pan until it’s half filled & turn on medium heat. ** Use a chopstick to check the temperature of the oil. Stick the chopstick into the oil and you should see some tiny bubbles forming rapidly around the chopstick, this shows that the oil is hot enough for us to deep fry the crab**
4. Place the crab into the pan & fry it until the shell turns bright red. Take out the crab pieces & place it in a strainer to remove excess oil.
5. In another pan, place in the butter and let it melt under medium heat.
6. When the butter starts to boil, place garlic, chillies & curry leaves into the pan and stir fry it until you smell the fragrant of the ingredients. It should takes around 2-3 minutes.
7. Add in evaporated milk and stir it regularly. Keep stirring until the sauce is well incorporated and turns glossy.
8. Add in the cheese slices and let it melt fully.
9. Season the sauce with some salt & sugar. ** Remember to taste as you add in the salt and sugar & tailor it to your liking**
10. Lastly, add in the crab pieces and mix it well with the sauce. Make sure all the crab pieces are fully coated with the sauce.
11. Ready to serve!
Recipe Credits: @ShazTheCook